Car stereo problem in 08 corolla saloon.

widescreen

My stereo has suddenly stopped playing. Basically, what happens is I switch it on and the display shows it working as normal but nothing comes through any of the speakers. At the point of ignition switch on I hear a brief noise(split second) coming from the back left speaker but nothing else.

Now, I realise these things dont normally give a problem so am trying to come up with a reason why it may have happened.

I unusually had the boot full today including a couple of black sacks with old sheets and the like in them. I noticed when unloading that one of the sacks caught on something and a small bit of the sack was detached so I am assuming it may have caught on something,such as the speaker maybe? However, I see no wires detached or anything else unusual.

Just wondering if anyone thinks it is most likely just a failure of the speaker or that I may have damaged the speaker slightly. I am surprised that if one speaker does not work, none of the others will then?

I probably havent explained this too well but if anyone has any idea would be grateful

thanks

Is the car still under warranty? Get straight back on to the garage.

Make sure the radio isn't just muted.

Lots of radios have a mute button although I would expect this to clear after you turn off the engine.

Is there a car kit in the car for your phone? Maybe this is stopping the radio.

thanks Frank. it would appear none of these,but it is under warranty,so will get onto them in morning.cheers!