Car stereo from Lidl killed my MP3 player?

Merlin

Hi there,
Need a bit of advice ....
After my car stereo and all my cd's were robbed out of my car last week I had to buy a new stereo. Didn't fancy spending too much money so bought one in Lidl. Radio and cd works fine but when I connected my Creative Zen via the USB port to it yesterday it showed up error on the display and then my MP3 froze. It eventually turned itself off but now it's completely lifeless. Could that have been caused by the radio ?
Thanks a mill
M.

My Creative Zen has also frozen on occations (not with a Lidl stereo). Have you tried resetting the Zen?

when I connected my Creative Zen via the USB port to it yesterday it showed up error on the display and then my MP3 froze. It eventually turned itself off but now it's completely lifeless. Could that have been caused by the radio ?
Doubt it. Can't see why/how a properly functioning USB port would cause such a problem.

Thanks for your replies clubman & sabre man.

How do you reset it - stick a needle into the little hole beside the headphones ?

M.
PS. Before you ask - I don't have the manual

Maybe plug it into a pc and reformat.

This worked on my sisters mp3.

Formats the memory without remove any of the operating system.

I wouldn's have though the usb on the radio should have done anything.

Was there an aux in on the radio as well?

Be careful resetting! Not sure if your model has a microphone - mine has. A common error is to stick a pin in the microphone hole (on side of Vision:M) - been there, done that (duh!) Vision:M reset is on the underside of the unit, beside charge/download slot.

See http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board?board.id=dap for general help/info

From creative site:

Zen Micro:
"You can solve most problems with Zen Micro by resetting it.

- Ensure that the Zen Micro is turned off.
- Remove the battery.
- Move and hold the Power button to the Power On position and re-insert the
battery to the Zen Micro.
- Hold the Power button until the Rescue mode appears. "

Back