car seat for a micra

Shaz

Hi,

My son is now 15 months old and I need to change his car seat. Please could you tell me which car seat is suitable for a nissan micra. Should I go for a forward facing or a rear facing that can be converted to a forward facing later?
Thanks.

at 15 months he is not far off going forward facing. The next seat you get him will do him till he is about 4ys old.

Weight is more important than age in choosing a car seat. I think 9 kgs is the required weight for moving to forward facing seat. Does your Micra have ISOFIX fittings (check the manual to be sure)?

I agree about the weight but a 15month old should be about 9kgs. Wasting your money going rear facing. I don't think you can get one anyway for that age. Plus, the kid is starting to get very curious now and demanding and they will appreciate the forward facing seat and so will you when you or yours will have to constantly turn around to give them attention on the move.
The Isofix thing is something you need to check alright. I think it has become standard in all new cars over the last 3-4yrs

Thanks for the replies. But does anyone know a car seat that suits a 2002 Micra?

Thanks for the replies. But does anyone know a car seat that suits a 2002 Micra?
Car seats are normally universal. Unless Nissan recommend one that they sell from their accessories brochure and at that you will pay a lot more than the shops that sell them. Try Halfords, Smyths, Argos.
I'd recommend Cosatto or Britax.

But does anyone know a car seat that suits a 2002 Micra?
If you're based in Dublin, drop out to Tony Kealy's shop in Walkinstown for excellent advice on your options. They're not the cheapest shop, but they will haggle if you get quotes for your chosen model from some of the other outlets.

What is so special about a Nissan Micra that it would need a specific seat over any other car?

The seatbeat is short compared to other cars and also, the seatbelt buckle is up too high and therefore might cause buckle crunch.