Car Radio not working - help!

Goldie

Hi all,

I have a 2001 Peugeot 307 with a Clarion car radio. For the past number of months the radio has been giving trouble. It loses reception when travelling on longer journeys and will then continuously scan for a station without picking up anything. A message will appear on the screen saying 'No RDS Available'. The problem would then fix itself after a few hours, however in the last few days i haven't had any radio reception - its wrecking my head!

Any advice please? Thanks.

Is the radio unit a factory unit or and after market unit ( is it built into the dash?)

Its possible that the wire from the radio to the aerial is damaged, signal's being lost because of it.

Hi,

RonanC - As far as i am aware it is a factory unit. There was a hands free kit fitted but the problem was there before that so i don't think it is related.

Jackaviper - who would be the best person to fix this? Any suggestions for the Dublin area?

If its an aftermarket unit it would be eacy enough to remove the unit from the dash using release keys. It could be as simple as the aerial coming loose at the back of the radio (headunit).

Where are you located?

If in the dublin area give Alan in [broken link removed] a shout.

I am living in Dublin 8, working in D12 - so somewhere around there would be great. There are holes there (i think) for using the release keys so perhaps it is as simple as a loose connention (hopefully!). Thanks.

Hi,

Further to above it was the radio that was broken. I substituted the broken radio for a Sony car radio over the w-end. In the process, the dashboard display and the steering wheel controls for the radio don't work.

A Peugeot dealer told me this morning that i will have to put in a 'peugeot radio' in order for the display and controls to work. Anybody know if this is true?

Thanks.

Yeah it's true, it's run throught the radio unit, it's a control unit for the lot. Most french cars are like that.

Back