car 'products' (spray/petrol cleaner etc)

Caveat

Hi

Anyone have any opinion on the various petrol additives available?

e.g. 'petrol cleaner' 'fuel injector cleaner' etc etc - I'm sure I've seen about 5 or 6 separate ones - all obviously claiming to do something highly beneficial and to perform completely different functions.

Are these actually any good? and more to the point, could they even be bad for the car (as has been suggested to me more than once)?

...and while I'm here - bug spray/tar remover - is it completely safe for the paintwork? I'm just a bit suspicious that something that can 'easily' remove the notoriously difficult tar spots can do so without any consequences for the paint. Obviously the stuff works and sells well but should it be used 'with caution'?

Any feedback welcome
Cheers

A certain amout of carbon build up is required for your car to run well but it's when your car gets choked up with it kills the cars performance and fuel economy.

Once a year will do no harm but after that you'll only do damage to the life of the engine.

As for bug spray and tar remover, it is dangerous. It states on the back of the cans to only apply lightly and leave for a few mins out of direct sunlight. You will damage your paint work if used alot and it affects different colours, metalic makes a difference. Even different car makes have different reactions. Some manfactures use more layers of paint or more lacker etc. So it's just worth keeping that in mind aswell.

Back