car problem?

moc

hi was wondering if anyone could help with a question i have. im trying to sell my car at the moment and got an e-mail today from a guy abroad who is interested, he says is it ok to pay by cheque or money order? which would be best if any? and could i get caught out somehow? i have heard there are a lot of scams out there. so which would be the best way to recieve payment for it? any help with this would be much appreciated.

once he's happy to wait for the cheque to clear before taking the car, which i doubt he will be.
generally these foreign buyers are a scam....

Bank drafts can be forged. I wouldn't accept on myself. Why can he not do a bank transfer? tbh why would someone want to buy a car from Ireland?

A pal of mine in work had a similar offer for his Jag, he got the smell of a rodent and replied saying that there was quite a bit of damage to one wing....The foreign buyer was still interested.....Next contact he told him that the price in the paper was a misprint, it wasn't €8,000 but €18,000....."Amazingly" the buyer was still interested.......

Steer well clear !

Smells like a month old haddock to me!

What country is this person located? If in the UK, why would they go to the trouble and expense of buying in what’s a more expensive country? If elsewhere, why would they want a RHD car? Even if they did, the UK would be the place to get one.

I wouldn’t bother too much worrying too much how you get paid: it’s almost certainly a scam of some sort.

thanks a mill everybody. its true what they say if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.