Car Parks or Unused Roads for Learner Driver Wicklow

delgirl

Does anyone know of any good places to teach a learner driver the basics before they have lessons in the East Wicklow area?

Have tried Brittas Bay car park, but it's closed every day and sometimes even on the weekends! Don't know why the have the car park at all when you can't even get in and everyone has to park outside on the road.

Large car park or dead end road would be great.

lessons

You could try an industrial estate at weekends when the are usually fairly quiet and they have plenty of junctions etc.

Have tried Brittas Bay car park, but it's closed every day and sometimes even on the weekends! Don't know why the have the car park at all when you can't even get in and everyone has to park outside on the road.

I guess they're wary of 'Cultural enrichers' on summer holidays The likes of Southern Cross in Bray ... half way between the Greystones and Hollybrook roundabouts - there's a quiet enough (on weekends) industrial estate. It's something of a hotspot for learners.

Thanks John and Wicklow Man! Tried an industrial estate in Wicklow Town last Sunday and it was like Grand Central Station!

Southern Cross sounds good, I'll try that one.

If anyone else has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Cheers.

What about the new "Town Relief Road" - It serves no actual function!

But seriously there is a few areas up there - or off the port access road/murrough that might be of use

where to learn to drive...

I learned clutch control and the basics of moving through gears on a very isolated part of the Curragh i.e. on grass. This was in the very early 1990s and I'm not sure it would be accepted now. It helped me stop cutting out though.