Car parking - business premises

Bob Hopes

Hi everyone, previous lurker, first time poster!

I'm considering taking a lease on a business premises. It's a self contained unit in a block of 10 units that could be used for retail or office use. There is car parking directly in front of the units. Although the units were advertised as having "ample car parking" the estate agent told me the car park spaces are available to let at approx 500 euros each per annum. I intend to seek further clarification as to how the rented spaces will be designated and what measures will be in place to ensure that if I rent spaces they will not be used by customers/employees of other units.

Has anyone got experience in this area? I've seen many office car park spaces that have "for use by customers/employees of xyz limited only" painted on them and often wondered how that gets enforced. I need to rent at least two spaces for myself and an employee and was thinking of renting two more for customers. I am wondering how to protect the spaces from being abused by others. Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Can you get one of those lockable security posts? Like the one in this pic [broken link removed]

Back