Car Park spaces that are too small

I kind of find it more bizarre that people get so angry over the simple and unproblematic task of parking a car, whether it's a small space, double space taken up or someone's edged a bit too close, aren't we all over reacting?

It's just a car park space, if my car doesn't fit I find another one and don't develop an aneurism over the fact that I might have to walk a couple of extra yards.

Well firstly this is the Letting Off Steam forum and secondly if every car park park user was as inconsiderate as carpedeum where would that leave us all?

Well firstly this is the Letting Off Steam forum and secondly if every car park park user was as inconsiderate as carpedeum where would that leave us all?

Well consider me letting off steam at those letting off steam. I know I was being glib and I know the whole point of this section is to have a moan, but there's about 150 million sq km of land on this planet and we get wound up about 25 sq m of that.

As the OP I was giving out about a particular car park where all the spaces are very small and there is no alternative for parking.

I would take pleasure in shunting cars taking up two spaces. In fact it should be legal to drag cars like these out of the two spaces they occupy and shove them in to one space 400 yards down the road.

I think carpedeum has been a bit lucky - people have their cars keyed for less.

I've been tempted myself.

The driver of the car next to me in BT carpark was very unapologetic 70+ year old woman who felt that her age entitled her to more space. Sorry, but very little sympathy ever since.

Unfortunately a lot of elderly people think that they are disabled.

Do you do this everywhere carpedeum? Like say in crowded shopping centres on Saturday afternoons when people are queueing out on the road and causing traffic jams to get into the car park. Or in hospitals where people are trying to get to important appointments or have been called to the bedside of ill family members? Still, as long as your car stays pristine.

Unfortunately a lot of elderly people think that they are disabled.

A bit bizzare, isn't it?

I have nothing against elderly but the situation I mentioned in my earlier post ticked me right off. The whole thing happened in the middle of the day on a weekday as I parked the car to go see a client and had a meeting scheduled afterwards. I didn't only miss my next appointment but I could have been unlucky and had to wait for another five hours. And you can't just leave because you never know when the other person will turn up.

I would under no circumstances intentionally damage somebody else's car or any kind of property and am a little bit shocked that so many people would. I'd be as unimpressed as anyone else by a person taking up the last two remaining spaces to park one car but it would never even occur to me to damage their paintwork - it wouldn't really do me any good and even if they never did the same thing again, what are the chances that I'd benefit from it?