car insurance out .. gap of couple of days - what to do ?

dubinamerica

My husband's car insurance is up for renewal and after a long search I've found a quote that i'm satisifed with. I was supposed to get in contact with company today and provide details to let them know we wanted in.

Something unexpected came up, so ended up missing them as they finished at 5.

His existing policy expires today and I'm supposed to phoen Quinn Direct if we don't want to renew . Should I ring them but then have a couple of days lapse ? or just leave it til Monday after I've set up new policy? Just worried they'll have a cancellation fee if it kicks into another policy ..

we can use my car over w/e so no panic on that front as he doesn't need to drive it over w/e

Re: car insurance out .. gap of couple of days - what to do ??

if the new co. have an online facilty just pay for it.
if you have a dd for quinn, they will renew your policy regardless.

Re: car insurance out .. gap of couple of days - what to do ??

wasn't able to cancel policy with quinn as they need to confirm with my hubby and he didn't get back til late.. was told though that he would still be covered and if no payment received within 12 days then coverage will stop.
So monday, i will set up his new policy (unfortunately no online facility) and get him to phone quinn to tell them he's not renewing.. sounds like there won't be any cancellation fee or anything ..hopefully that will be the case..

Now to sort out my house insurance as well ..