Car Insurance - Is loyalty rewarded?

LouisLaLoope

I've been insuring my car with Quinn Direct for 6 years and have the full no claims bonus. It's up for renewal in a fortnight but AXA have beaten the renewal price by 30 euro and thrown in roadside assistance.

Is it better to stay with Quinn because I have a good history with them or should I go with AXA? Is loyalty a benefit with car insurance?

My guess is that as soon as you advise Quinn that you may be going elsewhere, your loyalty to date will indeed suddenly be rewarded!

When I was strating out driving I was insured with Quinn cos they were the cheapest, but the general trend at the time was to leave as soon as someone else would give a reasonable quote. They were infamous for being very difficult to get any money out of in the case of a claim. Things may have changed though, this was about 6 years ago.
I'd only have loyalty for a company that would take care of me. Will Quinn match AXA's quote? If not then they don't seem to value your loyalty so probably not a benefit.

Thanks everyone - I'll check with Quinn and see what they say. I was just assuming that they wouldn't match AXA and even if they did, I'd have to go fully comp to get roadside assistance.

Hi

i had a similar situation last year. Got renewal from Hibernian and it had approx 100euro loyalty discount. Checked around and could find no lower quote. Put details into Hibernian website and it was 50 euro cheaper with no loyalty discount. Rang Hibernian and they would not lower price to internet price. They said that if i wanted lower price to renew thru internet! So much for their loyalty bonus. I renewed thru their internet site.

Those insurance companies have it all sorted, haven't they?! I rang Quinn last night - told them about AXA's offer. They told me, "We don't match other quotes". End of story. I told them I wouldn't be renewing and I didn't get the feeling it distressed them too much! So that's it. AXA here I come.

Thanks everyone for your replies.