car insurance cost

P

pj9999

I'm 35yo guy living in UK for many years, but thinking about returning to Ireland. Don't drive my own car in UK, so no no-claims bonus built up.

If I was to start driving in Ireland, any ideas about how much my car insurance would be?

Say 3rd party f+t,
1.4 engine
safe rural location.

Before buying insurance for your car get quotes online or through the telecalls and then compare the costs. As the cost of car insurance varies from company to company for the same kind of coverage as well as different coverages available. You can get help from relatives and friends to get the list of insurance agents...... they might guide you in a better way.
Also you can go through the following link to know more about the insurance cost in Ireland.
[broken link removed]

pj9999 said:
I'm 35yo guy living in UK for many years, but thinking about returning to Ireland. Don't drive my own car in UK, so no no-claims bonus built up.

If I was to start driving in Ireland, any ideas about how much my car insurance would be?

Say 3rd party f+t,
1.4 engine
safe rural location.

Was in similar situation 3 years ago. There are a few companies that won't quote you easily (or happy) because you've not been resident for 3 years (Quinn Direct for one).

They'll look at you, assuming you've a driving licence already, as if there's something wrong with you - having a licence for x number of years, but not being covered by insurance in that time.

I ended up with comprehensive insurance on a 1.6l, in a rural area, and the best quote I could get at the time from AXA was €3600, half the cost of my car.

The hibernian ignition course, and the supposed cheaper insurance for doing it, wouldn't have meant a cheaper premium.

Only solution is to call as many of them as you can. Note that the prices you get from a broker can sometimes be bettered by going direct to the company itself, and calling a company direct can sometimes give better quotes than online.

Back