Car Insurance AON looking for €40 admin fee?

Palerider

I have changed my car and contacted the brokers - Aon Insure, they wanted €40 as an admin charge, anybody else come across this....as it happened I would not accept this and will be moving elsewhere having just got a comprehensive online quote for €285 - similar cover in every way, imagine paying €40 as an admin fee for something that takes no more than 15 minutes ...that €40 is 14% of the cost of the new policy...am not feeling very valued as a customer so I'm walking ....:-(

It's pretty standard to charge an admin fee for changes or updates to policies now.

If you cancel your existing insurance, there's probably an admin fee associated with that too.

My broker charges for alterations if you ring the call centre ,but you can change stuff yourself online for no charge.

I'm with AON and IME are upfront about charges for mid-term changes, etc. They were €90 cheaper than anyone else last year for comp ins.

Charges like this are pretty standard across the brokerage houses and as has already been pointed out, there is likely to be a mid-term cancellation charge.