car hire

I'd be amazed if you could hire a car anywhere on a provisional license.

In any case, you need a full license to drive in another country, so even if you could it wouldn't be much good to you.

You need full license for a year and a day in most countries, and in many minimum age restrictations (usually at least 21, sometimes more) apply.

I'm not sure about this but I have heard the same rumor quite a few times while on holiday in Spain which is that you can hire something like a scooter and not need a licence. But definitely not a car.

And in Australia insurance isnt even compulsory to drive a car
Maybe you could go there

And in Australia insurance isnt even compulsory to drive a car
Maybe you could go there

Yes it is. Third party life is deffo required but is paid for on the road tax (reggo). No they are not stupid enough to accept a provisional. They have a big wall chart of what licences look like and they won't fall for a green back.

I have an Australian friend who insists her household (in Queensland, Australia, not in Eire) has 2 cars and only one is insured, the other old runabout isnt insured and this is legal .

Well theres always China ?

I have an Australian friend who insists her household (in Queensland, Australia, not in Eire) has 2 cars and only one is insured, the other old runabout isnt insured and this is legal .

Well theres always China ?
There is probably no reggo on the old runabout. Depends on the local cops attitude I suppose.