Car hire Spain Fuel Costs

B

BB97

Hi All

I am travelling to spain for a week and am looking to hire a car. I am getting good rates on car but most if not all companies have the fuel policy, that you pick up full and return empty.

I was just wondering if anyone know how much extra you are charged these days for a full tank. I know it will depend on the type of car and i am looking at smaller cars (fiesta, polo, clios). Just trying to get the full rate i will be charged.

Thanks

Brian

Try doyouspain and see will they do a full/ return full rental. I have gotten that deal with them in the past. From their FAQs :

What is the fuel policy?
In most locations we offer full/full and full/empty fuel policies. For rentals of 3 days or less customers can return the car with a full tank and receive a refund for fuel. In some offices a proportional refund is given for the amount of fuel left in the tank for rentals of 3 days or less.
All information regarding the specific fuel policy for each booking is given on the rental voucher.

I hired from Hertz via Ryanair in Fuerteventura the other week for 1 week. They charged me an additional €25 for a half tank of petrol and told me to bring it back empty. It was actually more like 3/8 of a tank, petrol was €1 a litre and if you find how to work the computer telling how many KM fuel left in tank (this was a basic Clio) you can run it down fairly tight. Also I was offered Super CDW for €63 which I declined so I was liable for first €700 of any damage. It was a 1/11 bet and I won!

Last edited:
Also I was offered Super CDW for €63 which I declined so I was liable for first €700 of any damage. It was a 1/11 bet and I won!

You can get independant insurance for that. £49 will get you annual European coverage for excess up to £2000. This covers multiple trips up to 31 days duration.
Leo

You can get independant insurance for that. £49 will get you annual European coverage for excess up to £2000. This covers multiple trips up to 31 days duration.
Leo

Or with axa for 55 euro p.a. : [broken link removed]

Back