Car hire fuel policy

nad

Does anyone know of car hire company servicing spain who operate a full/full petrol tank policy rather than the more common full/empty policy as this would be more suitable to me, as i only intend traveling from the airport and then back and forth to the local village so i would never use a full tank in a week.

Any car I've ever rented had a full tank and you either gave it back full or paid for the missing petrol.

...with missing fuel charged at astronomical rates.

Not really...I haven't bothered filling it myself a few times with Avis and they haven't done the dog with the price of the fuel. I do think they're entitled to charge a little more. I mean, in Dublin terms petrol ranges from 1.09 per litre in Tesco to 1.70 in that infamous Statoil opposite the Four Courts. I suppose that would mean the rental company could legitimately charge the 1.70. The choice is there to fill it yourself.

Thanks for the replies, but can anyone name a hire car company operating out murcia airport operating the full/full fuel policy,as carjet seem to only do this if the hire period is 3 days or less.

doyouspain do it in some locations in Spain if you read their general conditions. I hired from them out of Malaga airport last year on a fill/fill basis but it was a "special " if I recall correctly. There is no upfront charge booking with this crowd and no cancellation fee. I will be using them again this year - upfront and no hidden charges was our experience.