Car Hire Dublin Aiport tips

bleary

Anyone any tips for hiring a car in Dublin Airport -the rates look good but for a short hire there is €25 airport service fee on top which makes it expensive for a couple of days.
Also most companies seem to have a restriction of licences of over 2 years are there any companies that accept one year and over? Any recommendations

I find the best prices are usually to be had via Auto Europe (www.autoeurope.ie) .. Theyr'e a brokerage site , but normally ends up that the car is booked with Europcar (sometimes Avis) at Dublin Airport .. no €25 airport fee or extras - it's all in the price .. I've never got a better deal by going direct with any of the car hire companies - i've no affiliation, just a (frequent) happy customer.

The 2 year full licence requirement is enforced by all hire companies as far as I know .. don't think there's any exceptions.

looks like only a couple of companies rent cars with a licence of less than 2 years -enterprise and 1 other I hadnt heard of ..so kind of tied to them but thanks anyway

I HATE car hire companies with a passion. After I got scammed by one of the big "reputable" ones for damage I didn't do, I swore I'd never use any of them again. Been using economycarrentals.com ever since. Sorry, though, only used them abroad, never in Ireland, I have no idea if they do business here. Basically they arrange car through small local companies you deal with. I am not vouching for them -- just saying I got a personal service and have not been scammed yet. My view is that if I am in danger of being scammed anyway I might as well get it as cheap as I can (and they have been very cheap).

I have no connection whatsoever with them, and as I said, am not even particularly recommending them ... just recommending against the overpriced more respectable cowboys.

Do you have to rent it at dublin airport ?
Enterprise have a depot in Swords which you could use.

Agreed Enterprise are usually great - excellent for customer service in my opinion.

However at Dublin Airport they are "off-airport" .. so you can't pick up / drop the car off within walking distance of the terminal which is a hassle .. also they have a surcharge on airport rentals which makes them more expensive than other options.

Thoroughly recommend Enterprise in non-Airport locations .. their weekend specials are often excellent value.

Back