Car hire at Birmingham airport

shesells

I'm making a short trip to Wales (not for the rugby but on the rugby weekend in March) and the easiest way to where I'm going is to fly into Birmingham and drive from there. I need a car for about 36 hours but I've been horrified at the prices I've come across, most of them at least €100 for 36 hours!!

Arguscarhire.com are now coming in at around €60, which when you add the sat nav and the insurance is still around the €100 mark. This seems a lot of money to get me from A to B on Saturday and then from B to A on Sunday. It's too far for a taxi and it's 2 of the slowest trains ever if I decide not to drive.

Don't get the satnav or extra insurance...maps are still the way to go especially as the road signs are great in UK. The price sounds right...when i was diverted from knock to shannon, i rented a car to drive to knock, cost 50 for about 2 hours!

Shesells,
I usually get the cheapest quotes from http://www.ebookers.ie I just did a quick check and for 2 days they are quoting 67 euro. Seems a fair enough price to me, seeing as to book directly with Hertz they are looking for about 130 sterling!
PS. on ebookers use airport code BHX. For some reason it didnt find it when I typed the work Birmingham.
Cheers,
JT.

Back