Car Finance

maryt

Has anyone advice on the best car finance/loan packages on offer out there? I tried the 'money' related threads on here but they're well out of date.

Loan rates ar usually no different just because you are using the money to buy a car. Tesco and First Active have the lowest Fixed Rate loans. (around 6.8% APR) Tesco don't charge penalties for early repayments.
Some dealers doing interest free credit - I know Opel are still doing it on 50% of the purchase price. Might be worth considering?

I know that our local Credit Union is giving rate of 6.9% for car loans specifically plus are offering a rebate of 10% each year when the AGM comes around.

Thank you both for your replies. I checked several banking institutions - Tesco seem to be giving the best rate. Never thought of the Credit Union though. Will check them out now. Many thanks for your time and advice.

I know that our local Credit Union is giving rate of 6.9% for car loans specifically plus are offering a rebate of 10% each year when the AGM comes around.

You should be aware that interest rebates are not guaranteed and are only given if the credit union has a surplus to distribute!

Back