Car Finance Issue?

J

jamster1432

Hi all. - This is a long one Sorry - :(

I recently bought a car on finance from a private garage near where i live.

after around 2 weeks of use things started to go wrong.

i noticed a small oil leak - took back to garage they said they would fix it, found out it was gear box oil and a seal on the gearbox had gone - fixed...apparently.

drove on a holiday to cornwall - around 400 miles and the car leaked majorly whilst going and on arrival it had created a puddle on the drive, took to a local garage in cornwall they said that they would look at it.....again it was a seal in the gearbox but where the driveshaft had been put in wonky thus not letting it get into gear properly, I called the garage where i bought it from i offered to get the garage here to fix it but the garage here told me they would bring another car down - 400 miles !

another car arrived in cornwall - from oxfordshire - my car took back - Turbo replaced - gearbox leak fixed, lucky enough that it was covered under the warranty.

now around 6 months on after problems started - the geabox has gone again now jumping out of gears and not going into gears properly.

i have now had enough - contacted the Finance company it was with - they are sending me a claim form to fill in - i have contacted the previous owners - a company - to get more details and previous history.

the car -

54 (2004) reg Renault Laguna 2.2 DCi 5 door
done approx 77K
Ex Company Car with Full Service History

What do i do now, do i contact solicitors and get them involved, court, wait to hear what the finance company has to say?

What are the outcomes - has anyone been through this before?

Many Thanks
\
Jamie (sorry it was long)\

Re: Car Finance Issue??

Hi Jamie

Are you based in the UK or in Ireland?

If it's the UK, the information provided here may not be appropriate.

Brendan

The problems you have are with the garage not the finance company, what ever you do, don't stop paying the finance. It will effect your credit history.

Ask to see the repair history of the garage, have they used new parts to fix the car or repaired etc. Once you have that info you can go further.

Back