Car Damage in Car Park

KS1

My wife went into super valu y.day. when she came back to the car there was a trolley resting against the boot and a big dent in the bodywork. I contacted the shop and they have said they will check the cctv.
I noticed there were no sign saying "super valu accept no responsibility for any damage while car is parked". if the cctv evidence does not clearly show who the culprit was have the shop any responsibility to pay for any repairs? any info appreciated

I would have thought that the sign on display removes their responsibility - it's a public car park, there is no need for CCTV to be provided - they shouldn't be responsible for somebody elses actions?

I would have thought that the sign on display removes their responsibility - it's a public car park, there is no need for CCTV to be provided - they shouldn't be responsible for somebody elses actions?

What sign?

The sign the OP said wasnt there?

Sorry, i have just re-read the post - apologies OP.

Have you had any luck with coming back with the CCTV?

Waiting for the manager to contact us about cctv. He's not back in until tomorrow.

Nightmare situation.

My vehicle was broken into in a supermarket carpark.. no cameras, and the supermarket take no responsibility... in fact they seem to have a policy of not having cameras on the car park spaces.

The fact the sign was missing might not matter in the end. You didn't pay for parking,.. so there was no contract, or agreed service level etc, .. it's not really reasonable for you to form the view that your car would be safe. It's tricky, .. I'm not sure about a hotel carpark, or even about a normal, paid, underground carpark.