car chucking when driving

D

dogmax

i have a 04 fiat punto 1.2 8 valve, which has the engine light on and only doing about twenty miles to the gallon, took it to a mechanic he put it on the computer and the reading was (PO130 o2 sensor signal before cat) i remove the two sensors and clean them out, the engine light is no longer on but the car is still chucking when driving and only doing about 25 maybe a bit more miles to the gallon, so can anyone tell me why is the car still chucking and dose it need new sensors or could it be something else. thanks.

i have a 04 fiat punto 1.2 8 valve, which has the engine light on and only doing about twenty miles to the gallon, took it to a mechanic he put it on the computer and the reading was (PO130 o2 sensor signal before cat) i remove the two sensors and clean them out, the engine light is no longer on but the car is still chucking when driving and only doing about 25 maybe a bit more miles to the gallon, so can anyone tell me why is the car still chucking and dose it need new sensors or could it be something else. thanks.

Not sure for the punto, but most cars have a ecu reset. If you disconnect the battery for the night, then reconnect it in the morning, leave it idle for ten minutes, then drive it for half an hour.. This might allow the ecu to pick up the new sensor readings after they were cleaned.. Worth a shot anyway..

Back