Car broken into AGAIN

elefantfresh

Man, i'm sick of this - twice in the last 2 months - once outside the house and again yesterday outside work. Rang the cops and was told the statement was really only worth it for the insurance company. I'm paraphrasing there of course but that was the jist of it.
I am so sick of the scumbags who do this - they didnt even take anything - just smashed 2 side windows - didnt take money from the ash tray - didnt take CDs' from the glove compartment. Sigh...
Rant over.

He He - you bin watchin' too many Sopranos! Lord only knows who I've upset - I lead a twisted life! Time to get some underground parking.

i lead a very twisted life to but in a... erm... different kinda way... good fun init!

ok seriously have you considered CCTV in one of the front windows? Alarm the vehicle maybe?

Man, i'm sick of this - twice in the last 2 months - once outside the house and again yesterday outside work. Rang the cops and was told the statement was really only worth it for the insurance company.

I know how you feel. I too have been the victim of vandalism over the years, and the last few times I did not even bother reporting it to the Gardai. Waste of breath + time. I sometimes ask myself why I did not emigrate years ago to a more law abiding place.

EF - that was my first thought too.... who have u upset?

Da Mofia luking for ya`s?

Watch out for any windscreen repair vans with bricks on the passenger seat lurking in the area trawling for business. !

If nothing taken it's just mindless vandalism, terrible.

Reminds me of that Gary Larson joke where a guy is in his sitting room reading the paper and theres a broken window and a brick on the floor with a tag on it saying "broken windows? call acme window care".
sigh...

He He - you bin watchin' too many Sopranos! Lord only knows who I've upset - I lead a twisted life! Time to get some underground parking.

When you mentioned the Sopranos I thought you were going to say "time to get some underground help"

Reminds me of the time a few years ago when I was visiting my old man in the Mater private with a friend of mine. We parked and were walking towards the hospital when we heard some roaring on the other side of the road. Looked over just in time to see 2 cretins smash the window of a parked car. They clocked us and took off at which my mate took off after them. Not being the biggest or bravest guy on the block I reluctantly set off after all 3! We lost one in the back streets and cornered the fatter one in a church round the corner. Called gardai. Gardai came and arrested this idiot whose legs were sticking out of the confessional (I kid you not!) He admitted what he had done to the guards, and in front of us, and was stuffed into the back of the garda car. We walked back towards our car to meet the owner of the 'burgled' car taking to a couple of guards who had run round the corner from the local cop shop. Woman never even said thanks to us, just sniffed. Guards took our names, addresses and telephone numbers and we, quite simply, never heard from them again.........Bloody brilliant! Next time I witness an incident like that i won't bother my barney to get my pulse rate up. Let 'em get on with it I say 'cos the guards are a complete waste of time when it comes to tackling petty theft on the streets of Ireland.

Let 'em get on with it I say 'cos the guards are a complete waste of time when it comes to tackling petty theft on the streets of Ireland.
Not in my experience. Over many years, without fail, whenever I have had cause to call the Gardai (local station or 999) about some incident that I witnessed or concern that I had they have always turned up and done their job.

Not in my experience. Over many years, without fail, whenever I have had cause to call the Gardai (local station or 999) about some incident that I witnessed or concern that I had they have always turned up and done their job.

Me too.

My office was burgled over the weekend. Reported it Monday morning, local guard was out within the hour, swiftly followed by CSI Connemara
and later again a detective.

Whether they catch the culprit or not, at least I was left feeling they treated the matter seriously.

That is the key, gentlemen. They turn up (usually late, when they know the suspects are long gone) and take a statement, have a chat, are generally quite sound, then they go back to the station and do nothing about it. But at least they are sound.

And rabbit, you should always report the crimes to the Gardai, even if they do nothing about it. Otherwise the stats show that crime is falling, and we all know that is not true.

I used always call the Guards after a break in , they would turn up, ask a few questions, go away and I would never hear from them again. I would not waste the phone call to them now, they never solved anything and only wasted my time and theirs. Sad but true.

sounds like you live and work in dodgy areas !
Move home and get a new job

I got all my car windows smashed (as in 8 if you include the small ones of the rear doors), along with those of few others cars... and that was in a very dodgy area known as Terenure.!!! These people move around...

I got all my car windows smashed (as in 8 if you include the small ones of the rear doors), along with those of few others cars... and that was in a very dodgy area known as Terenure.!!! These people move around...

I own some properties in Terenure . My tenants when talking to them, have had the same problem several times since I inherited the buildings the 2 years ago. Gougers walk from Rathmines perpendicularly through Terenure to Kimmage and Crumlin late at night from pubs and clubs and scratch cars along the way. The green leafy squares seem to get a lot of this. Its' important not to park cars on the roads they use to walk home and park in a well lit location perhaps under a lamp post.