Car Accident

RANDAL

Help!! I was involved in a car accident not so long ago. Garda attended the scene and the other party admitted full liability in front of them and a witness. Now since then {bear with me this is where it gets confusing} i went to a solicitor they where to look after Personal Injury and id look after car claim. A week after accident the other parties insurance company contacted me and made me an offer for car as it is wrote off. I rejected the offer and they where to contact me the following day with possibly a better offer. In the meantime my solicitor sent a letter to this insurance comapny using wording that seemed to imply they where looking after car claim aswell as personal injury.Since then the insurance company wont deal with me directly. At present my solicitor is looking after the matter.....

ANY ADVICE ....

Talk to your solicitor. If you don't want them to deal with the material loss then tell them. They can then give permission to the insurance company to deal with you directly on that.

Are the insurance company not prepared to make you an offer for both the car and the PI? Are the injuries that you are seeking PI for on-going?

Although Vanilla is correct - most insurance companies would rather settle the claim in its entirety thru the fast-track process or leave the whole claim go legal - irritating for you I know, but from their perspective, if the car is settled and then you go legal for PI, they have no leverage,(you have money from yr car loss to tide you over for the time being). PM me if you like, I can give you more advice with more info. Amanda