Car acccident

ricky

Been involved in a car accident on 30th nov - the other driver has admitted liablity to me/guards and his insurance company.
Can anyone tell me how long I can expect to wait to hear about the damage assessment to my car ?
I phoned his insurance a dozen times since and keep getting the brush off.

Thx.

Go and get a few quotes yourself for fixing it and then ring them to tell them you're going ahead with the most expensive one. That'll soon get them to take notice.

A number of insurance companies have approved garages. Ring the insurance co involved and ask them if they have approved repair garages. Also ask them if they operate a free courtesy car for you while your car is being repaired.
Do you have comprehensive insurance. Ring your own insurance co and discuss options your have with them. You could get the car repaired under your own insurance (you may have to pay the excess on the policy) and let your insurance company claim against the other party. If you have No claims Bonus protection i.e. 2 accidents less than 10,000 in value within a 3 year period you will not lose your no claims bonus, if not you may lose it if you are close to your renewal date but you will get it back once the insurance claim is settled.

Back