Cappuccino Maker

BlueSpud

I am looking for a Cappuccino Maker, from mwhat I can see, they cost an arm and a leg. I am looking for something thatwill make a nice Cappuccino, it can look like a pigs ear, & not cost too much, e.g. 200e. Saw a few dated posts on the subject, just wondering if some has found the wonder machine?

I had been putting off buying a proper coffee maker until I could buy a really good one but actually on impulse I bought one of those ones on special offer in Lidl a couple of months ago and in fairness it makes a lovely cappucino- think it was 40 or 50.

We bought the Philips Sensio - after we had tasted it and tried it in a rental apartment - so we knew we what we were buying. No harm to try it before you buy it. The Philips Sensio needs 'coffee pods' - round coffee bags which are quite expensive - 18 coffee bags for 4 euros. Critics will say the Sensio coffee isn't very strong. Cheapest place to buy is Philips shop - not Argos (20 euro difference!)

My humble opinion for what it's worth...... simple is better......Just buy a stove top Italian expresso pot, froth up some hot milk and ola' GREAT traditional Cappuccino....I lived in the countryside in The Provence for 5 years this is the way it's done there. It's not just the drink but the ritual of making the drink that makes the moment and the good taste. Take a bit of time, boys and girls......delicious rich tasty expresso with a bit of hot milk-froth...time is needed for good cuppa Java...... and why not?

I had been putting off buying a proper coffee maker until I could buy a really good one but actually on impulse I bought one of those ones on special offer in Lidl a couple of months ago and in fairness it makes a lovely cappucino- think it was 40 or 50.

Sounds like just the job. Thanks Vanilla.

I should have mentioned that I do not want to do the ritual, I just want the coffee (sorry BurritoQueen).

Back