Cappahard Ennis

firsttimebuy

I was just wondering if anybody had any comments on Cappahard on the Tulla Rd in Ennis looking at a house for sale there?

That area used to be a swamp, hope it's been drained properly. There's a huge number of houses gone in over the last few years and a lot of those are rental. It could be a bit of a ghetto in years to come (IMHO, and based on the opinion of a friend who moved from there recently). On the upside it'll be fairly convenient for the new bypass and the new Roslevan shopping centre, and is still a short walk from town. Personally, I'd look around the smaller estates on the Gort Road or some of the ones along the Lahinch road (avoid Dun na H'Inse)or Kilrush Road. The ones on the Limerick road appear to have a premium for being on that side of town.
I'd also avoid the Quin Road (Bruach na H'abhainn).

tkc said:
I'd also avoid the Quin Road (Bruach na H'abhainn).
Out of curiosity tkc, why do you say avoid Bruach na hAbhainn? I lived there for a while and it was a fab house and lovely estate... is it the neighbours up the road that would turn you off or another reason?

Bramble, only minor quibbles. It's a bit too far out of town to walk and it's a dangerous walk in over the railway bridge and apart from Johnno's pub has little by way of amenities.(may change if the new VW garage has a shop) It was also a swamp a number of years ago and I'd be a little concerned over that in the long run as I would be about a number of locations around Ennis.

It's not so much that I think it's a bad location, it's just that if I was buying, I think there are preferable estates around Ennis closer to amenities and town itself, which was where I was coming from in my original response. All imho of course.

There is no footpath from Bruach na hAbhainn into town, so it is a bit of a dangerous walk. Also it is another area that used to be a swamp.

Hi,
I think about moving into one of Bruach na hAbhain apartments. Could anyone say are they warm and dry enough? I'm afraid of fungus and hope there is no fungus on the walls there.

Back