cape town

ilovepink

hi everyone.
Were trying to organise our next holiday at the moment. We want to go in November. We have been told South Africa is amazing. Weve never been before so would love some information on it. Does anyone know wheres the best places to stay. Obviously we want to do all the sights and everything but also want to lie in the sun. Does anyone know these hotels.. the Protea Hotel Dolphin or the Protea Hotel President? any recommendations would be great.
thanks

I am hoping to go to Cape Town in late July; I know that it is winter over there at that time of year but looking at weather sites the average temperatures at that time of year is 17oC which is not much colder than our July.

Has anybody been in South Africa in their winter and what kind of experience did you have with it weatherwise.

Hi there,

I lived in SA for four years (including Cape Town).

If you are going to Cape Town, stay in the Mount Nelson Hotel. If you are going up Table Mountain, use the cablecar, DO NOT travel on foot as there have been many instances of muggings, etc.

Red Chariot

Worked in Swaziland for three years and travelled fairly extensively in S. Africa in all seasons.
The temperatures depend on where you are. Jo'burg is quite high in altitude so July temp is 17; Durban is sealevel so July temp is 22; Cape Town also sealevel but 17 because the sea is actually the South Atlantic while the sea at Durban is the Indian Ocean; Skukuza (Kruger) is 25 in July.

Be aware that the figures above are average MAXIMUM daytime temps and that nights will be much colder especially in the high veldt.

Back