Cape Town

E

Emma5

Can anyone recommend a good reasonable hotel/guesthouse in Camps Bay, Capetown?

There are about 11 guesthouses in Camps Bay listed in the Portfolio B&B Collection.

We have used Portfolio for about 16 years for accommodation in S. Africa without a problem.
One example from the collection can be found at [broken link removed] Cost ranges from R300 - R425 B&B per person per night.

Check out to get hold of the books.

Enjoy!

BillK

Here's a link to guesthouses in Camps Bay, I think most of them show prices, and there are tabs you can click on for hotels, b&b, & self-catering. Sorry, I haven't stayed in Camps Bay so can't recommend any place in particular, but if you see somewhere you like you may find reviews on TripAdvisor.

A guest house in camps bay would probably be the same price as a hotel in Bantry Bay which is only a 5 minute drive away!

Thats great, thanks for the recommendations. Might try Bantry Bay seen as its only 5 mins drive. Is that area (Camps Bay/Bantry Bay) the best place to stay while in Capetown? We're planning on just staying in Capetown for 3/4 nights & then heading for the Garden Route. Just want somewhere thats safe, close to everything (walking distance to bars/restaurants) & easy access for all trips etc..

I stayed at Finchley house c. 2.5 years ago - it was lovely. We were a group of 4 and stayed 3 nights.
Steep walk to bars/restaurants/bars/beach though - either on road, or shortcut down a flight of steps - I'd say 10 minutes. Very handy to Table Mountain

Is that area (Camps Bay/Bantry Bay) the best place to stay while in Capetown?

Camps Bay is very convenient location wise - but I found it a bit "posey" (spelling?). Plenty of expensive bars, restaurants - the place to go to "be seen".

We stayed at African Dreams when we first arrived and then at the Sundowner for the end of our stay. Best guesthouses I ever stayed in anywhere. Good prices for out of this world views. The welcome, food, quality of accomodation was just amazing as was the location. Both family run by very helpful people who assisted us with routes, great restaurants, etc. Highly recommended! We ate very well in Camps Bay at reasonable places like the Codfather. Lovely beach too and a short drive away from everything to see in Capetown. Loved the place and wished I could return very soon!!

If you want walking distance to bars and restaurants then Bantry Bay isn't quite so convenient - fine if you're driving or prepared to take taxis - but it's not advised to walk around too many areas of Cape Town at night. If you're staying in Camps Bay itself then you shouldn't worry too much, but personally I wouldn't walk to Bantry Bay from there after dark (it's steeply uphill on the way home too!).

The Waterfront area is popular as there are so many restaurants there, however the hotels are generally quite pricy - with the exception of the [broken link removed] (a 19th century converted prison, which is quite an experience to stay in!), very cheap, great location, but don't expect too much in the way of creature comforts.

A reasonably priced hotel on the edge of the Waterfront, but near enough to walk fairly safely at night, is the City Lodge. Rooms are a good size and there's a very small pool and sun deck. Prices are about 1000 rand a night per room, about €80.

A guest house i would recommend in Camps Bay would be the Whale Cottage, lovely breakfasts, lovely view of mountain and ocean and a short walk to bars/restaurants

Back