Cape Town - best routes ?

zag

While researching routes to Cape Town I came across a reference to Red Air which was due to start up a low cost route between Stansted and Cape Town, but I can't find the site or any actual up to date info on it.

Does anyone know if the airline is likely to be operational in the next few months ? With fuel dropping in price again there is still scope for these types of operations to run.

Alternatively, other than Heathrow with BA or Virgin and Amsterdam with KLM what other routes are available ex-Dublin ? Likely travel dates would be July which I know is their winter.

Thanks,

z

We always fly South African Airways when we go down to S.Africa. The seats seem bigger and for sure the cabin staff are nicer than those on BA.

I recall Slattery's Travel fly direct Dublin to Cape Town. I think it was a day flight which put us off as we'd be wasting two days.

I think they only fly from March to October.
It was the other way round, October to March or April and Slatterys were using LTU (we got return seats for €499 in November a couple of years ago but prices went up a lot in the last year) but I believe this service has been suspended for some reason. Might be an idea to phone Slatterys to ask them if the flights will be reinstated any time soon, it was very handy being able to go directly from Dublin.