can't use NIB today

yella

Did anyone else experience problems with NIB this evening? I couldn't use my laser card in stores or from a cashpoint at 5.30pm and it still wasn't working at 7.30. I also tried a BOI mastercard and that wasn't working either. I had plenty of funds available in these accounts. I had to resort to a little used Visa card to save my embarressment. I phoned online banking when I got home and they said they knew of the problem with their systems and were getting them back as soon as possible. They said cashpoints were back but not lasers. I went out at 7.30 to use a BOI cashpoint and still no joy (maybe only NIB cashpoints were back). I've never known such a loss of service due to the banks.

Me too - exact same thing happened to my cards. Knew I had money in my account, Had very embarrassing moment in aldi & unfortunalty they don't take visa so had to withdraw cash with my visa from atm which will cost me Very annoying altogether.

Yes I had this problem last night. Couldn't withdraw money from atm. Worked fine this morning though

email reply from NIB this morning

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately between approximately 3.15pm and 9.15pm yesterday our cards server was offline effecting card transactions at both ATM’s and Point of Sale. This situation has been rectified and a full service restored.

My apologies on behalf of the Bank for any inconvenience caused.