Can't see wireless network

JMR

Please help.....
I have a netopia wireless router which has been working fine for years. My wireless network has a logical name, lets call it 'My Network'.
All of a sudden my laptop cannot see My Network in it's list of available networks even though I can see all the neighbouring networks.
I can see a network named xxxx xxxx (x = numerical value) which I suspect is my network.
I can connect to this network but cannot get online.
While connected to xxxx xxxx I can connect to router via 192.168.1.254 and status shows not connected.

Any ideas how to solve the problem????

If you go into the network configuration of your router there is an option in there to reset it and it will reboot the internal workings on the config side of things.

If after that you still cannot get it to work, in the config page there is an option to change the level that it is on , i think there is 7 levels and you can choose anyone of them !

Try turning the netopia modem off & on again. There's a black switch at the back of it.
I have one as well & every so often I have to do it.

Please help.....
I have a netopia wireless router which has been working fine for years. My wireless network has a logical name, lets call it 'My Network'.
All of a sudden my laptop cannot see My Network in it's list of available networks even though I can see all the neighbouring networks.
I can see a network named xxxx xxxx (x = numerical value) which I suspect is my network.
I can connect to this network but cannot get online.
While connected to xxxx xxxx I can connect to router via 192.168.1.254 and status shows not connected.

Any ideas how to solve the problem????

what channel is the wifi router configured on to?
if you're given a choice, set the channel number as high as possible.
highest numbers==less interference.

Back