Can't open my Mobile Phone - aargh!

hullabaloo

Help! Does anyone know what the knack is for opening the back of this phone Nokia 6230?

There’s a picture here -

I bought this from Vodafone directly (over the phone yesterday). It arrived today and works fine but I need to take the SIM card out (don't ask why) and I can't open the back of the new phone! I've asked four guys in the office here and none of them can open it either! I rang Vodafone and told them that I want a different phone if this one is so difficult to use. They told me to ring Nokia. I said you can tell them to ring me! Am I entitled to send it back to them and demand a refund?

Thanks.

Hi,

I meant to say that obviously I have read the user guide and followed the instructiosn which say press the buttone and slide the cover off - but to no avail!

Thanks,

Managed eventually to take off back, but wasn't easy and required quite a worrying amount of force. I have the phone around six months now and its brilliant. Haven't needed to take off the back since I changed SIMs originally.

Thanks for your replies. Glad to hear I'm not the only one having problems. The guy in Vodafone told me I was the first to complain - despite the fact that its a best seller! I have to travel into town to an agent to sort it out!

Its like buying a car and not being able to open the bonnet without bringing it back to the garage!

Back