Can't open iolo DriveScrubber. Any other HD wipers?

podd

I downloaded iolo DriveScrubber here...

But when I try to open it it states...

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.

How can I activate the program?

I want to wipe the HD before installing Win XP, so if this program does not work does anyone know of any other free download programs I can use to wipe the HD?

Thanks

When you're installing XP it'll ask you if you want to format.

Why not just do it then?

When I try to boot from the CD it states...

Error loading operating system_

So I wanted to completely clean the HD to see if this might help.

I have ensured the bios is set to boot from the CD.

Don't think that the hard disk is the problem or that scrubbing it will help. Can you boot from any CD at all? Are you sure that the CD that you're using is an original licensed copy of Windows and is bootable?

You can easily download and burn a bootable CD image (e.g. a bootable "live CD" version of GNU/Linux) to test booting from the CD. It's quite possible that the Dell Windows CD is not bootable and is only for recovery from an existing Windows installation.

Would I be right in saying that you bought a new PC with Windows XP from Dell and now you want to put XP on your old PC?
Is your old PC a Dell PC?
If its not a Dell the install will not load as it checks to see if it is installing on Dell hardware....

Its sounds like your 'old' PC is very much out of date. Is it that you want to wipe the drive and pass the PC on to someone else that a simple format won't do?
There is a utility here thats free. Install it on your new PC and you can create a 'NUKE Boot Disk' floppy once installed. As for putting XP on your old PC if the specs are low such as 64mb RAM processor under 800Mhz I would re-install the OS that came with it to save lots of hair pulling.

Back