Cant make Ryanair Flights; What are my options (tax back etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

designer26

I was wondering if any one could help me.

I have booked flights with ryanair but now need to cancel them. But the problem with this is that they dont let you cancel. You have to keep the flights and be marked down as a no show. I have already lost a flight this week in this way and i have another in November and December that i will loose too. I cant really change my fight details as i dont have a reason any more to be flying to this country. I will be loosing about €400 in total.

Can i even apply for airport tax back as i didnt fly? Ryanair help line was of no help.
all options appreciated

Re: Ryanair

You can't even get the tax back with Ryanair I am afraid. Do you know anyone that would want to go instead and change the flights into their names. Costs extra but they might be willing to pay you something for the bookings. Beats getting nothing.

as far as i know only thing ryanair will let you do is change the name on the ticket if you could sell it or knew someone who'd take it. Not sure of charges although knowing ryanair there'll be one!!

If all else fails, why not advertise the tickets for sale with the proceeds (less name change costs) going to charity.

You may have lost out, but at least doing your bit to help those less fortunate will help both you and them feel a little better. Maybe Ryanair should consider using this policy to some extent.

Gud idea about the charity flights but the dates are all over the place like going out on a sunday night in mid november and coming back in mid December.Who would pay for flights like that?

You can apply for a refund but they charge an admin fee
Government taxes may be refunded. Ryanair apply an administration charge per person for tax refund requests. If the refund amount due to the customer is less than the applicable refund administration charge then no refund will be made. Tax refund requests must be made within one month from the outward flight travel date.

You could be lucky if they change their schedules. If the flight time changes by more than 3 hours you can get a full refund.
If a Ryanair flight is time changed significantly (more than 3 hours before or after the original departure time) and no suitable alternative flight is available, we will, upon application, offer a Travel Credit or a refund for all monies paid in respect of the time changed flight, without further liability.

Do you have travel insurance? Can you get a cert from your doctor and claim on the ins.

Please don't let this thread turn into a Ryanair and Michael O Leary rant. I think the OP has had his question answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back