Can't connect to internet - showing error page advising no connection/check browser

PM1234

I use Smart broadband (wireless) and for the last day or so can't connect to the internet. (to type this I'm connected to someone else's profile so it can't be the pc?)

An error message advising 'this page cannot be displayed' is coming up.

Also 'local area connection a network cable is unplugged' is displayed but from reading previous threads/posts this shouldn't be a problem? I typed in under dos telnet (something) 80 as per a previous post but it failed to connect.

Otherwise it says 'no wireless card found' but it was working just fine a day or two ago and I haven't done anything other than turn it off when I last used it and the problem arose when I tried to turn it on today?

Should I bring this to someone to try and fix or is there anything I can do myself or is it something to do with a local connection after all which when repaired means I'll have the internet back?

Please bear in mind I'm clueless re pcs. Many thanks!

Re: Can't connect to internet - showing error page advising no connection/check brows

If it is showing cable not connected then perhaps then connection between the computer and your wireless reciever (if it is external) may be loose make sure they are securely home or it may have been damaged also check to make sure the receiver has power it is quite easy for the power plug to become dislodged from the reciever

Last edited:
Back