Canon EOS lense interchangeable with digital?

jesster

I am looking into buying a digital Canon EOS for Mr. Jesster. He already has a Canon EOS SLR. He has plenty of lenses for that. Im just wondering can you use the lenses for both digital and slr?

I haven't a clue about cameras.

They are. The mounts and fittings are the same on both the SLR and digital EOS cameras.

I can confirm that. I was able to use old lenses from a 15-year-old film EOS1000 on a new digital EOS350.

There's a white and a red marker on the mount. You match that with the same colour dot on the lense.

The autofocus is slower than with the newer lenses and I think there's some minor quirk to do with effective focal length, but it works well.

The autofocus is slower than with the newer lenses and I think there's some minor quirk to do with effective focal length, but it works well.

It's more than a minor quirk, there is an effective 1.6x multiplier of the focal length when fitting lenses to a DSLR body. This will mean that your ultra-wide 16mm film lens becomes a not quite so wide 26mm but you obviously gain from this on the longer telephoto lengths.

Back