Cannot install Adobe Reader.

Ash 22

I've tried installing this and everything seems grand but when I go to open files I am told Adobe Reader could not open because it is not a supported file type or because file has been damaged. Any help please.

what file are you trying to open, is it one specific pdf file or all pdfs? are you trying to open the pdf through a browser or is it one you have on your client?

If you downloaded the reader from www.adobe.com it should work.

I've tried installing this and everything seems grand but when I go to open files I am told Adobe Reader could not open because it is not a supported file type or because file has been damaged. Any help please.

Adobe Reader is used to open .pdf files.

I'm trying to open files saved from my last computer.

<nods>

As long as they are .pdf files, any later version of Adobe Reader can open earlier versions of .PDF files so far as I know.

You should check these are PDF files.

Can you see the file type siffix?

It's the three letters after the "." at the end of the filename.

For example, a manuscript written in Microsoft Word could be named:

bizplan001.doc

If it was a PDF file it would read as

bizplan001.pdf

I underlined the filetype ending for you.

Some versions of windows allow you to not have to see the filetype ending and you may need to select "detail view" look across to the filetype column to see what kind of file it is.

HTH

Download this programme .........Its converts any file into a PDF document , ready for printing etc.

Its free and installs in minutes .

http://www.primopdf.com/

It appears to me , that you probably have Adobe installed correctly , however , it looks like the files that you are attempting to open , were created in a different programme , and therefore are not pdf filetypes .

go to start,click search adobe in all d and c drive.you may have part of an older version hiding on your pc. if you find it right click open folder and delete it.
then try down loading it again.

try foxit pdf reader - it's very nifty and not the power hog that adobe reader is.