Cannot Get Service Disconnected

roker

I have moved house and I cannot get SKY to disconnect the telephone and broadband, I have talked to 3 Cust service rep, sent e!ectronic request three times. As a result the new tenant cannot connect their service. I cannot stop payment because it is taken from my VISA debit card, this is how it was with DD a couple of years ago. I am not on contract and realise I must give a months notice but there is nothing stopping them from disconnecting immediately. I have told them I am not responsible for calls made by the new tenants if they do not disconnect. SKY never again

Last edited:
Hi Roker,
1. What SKY mean with a 1 month termination of contract (even when you are out of contract) is the last day of the following month from which you gave notice.
2. However, as you are out of contract you are not liable for telephone calls made from the day you vacated. You need only pay for telephone calls made up to the date you vacated. You are liable for the extra month's standing charge though.

I don't support SKY's right to stick you with the "extra" month's liability. But, you are dealing with people who work in a call centre and who are replaced every few months. (I don't mean sacked, but they probably hate SKY as much as you).

I am paying a months rent in advance for the line and pay month by month (no contract) I cannot see why they cannot disconnect immediately.
They do not use Direct Debit anymore because these can now be stopped, but the debit card cannot, I suppose the bank could issue me with a new card

After 6 attempts a Rep has finally told me they will disconnect on the 10th. What a lot of hassle. And a lesson learned, never agree to using a debit card for payment

After 6 attempts a Rep has finally told me they will disconnect on the 10th. What a lot of hassle. And a lesson learned, never agree to using a debit card for payment

What about being refunded for service provided that you had cancelled?

Update. After 9 attempts to discontinue the service, I finally received a letter in Nov say that I do not owe any more and that the agreement had been discontinued. You would not believe it, I received a letter today dated December, stating that the payment had been rejected and I owe another €24 and action would be taken if I did not pay. What a crazy company

Back