Cannot establish connection with CCBill.com

Sn@kebite

Hi,

I was trying to sign up for a 30 day subscription to an american music site. The website uses www.ccbill.com but i cannot connect when i click "pay with credit card" i've tried IE,Opera & Firefox and none work. And the page says "the page cannot be displayed" and ive tried the common troubleshooting. :(

I've used this site before with my CC and no probs why is it not working now?
I have not changed settings in my router since then and the only thing i did was upgrade my OS to SP2, but that shouldn't affect the ccbill connection should it?

Thanks.

Just in case anyone else encounters a problem here, I forgot that i had my 'hosts' file edited to redirect back to my localhost. So i was blocking ad sites, they annoy me. However, I overlooked the fact that it can block certain unverified certificates treating them as ad sites, such as ccbill.com. But now it works fine, except for the ads i get now.

Interesting. That's what you get for hacking! :) But seriously - there are better/more flexible ways to block ads and other unwanted content especially with something like Firefox extensions etc.

Back