Cannot change Web Site Pages - a New problem

justsally

Hi,

Hope someone can help. For some unknown reason I can no longer change my Web Page Addresses, i.e. whatever page I use as my homepage it remains in the address bar despite many attempts to change by typing in new site address.

At present I am using google as my homepage and getting on to all sites through the Google search engine;) Even got in here to skaboutmoney" through Google.

I can't find what I may have done that would cause this to happen.

Help please.

some anti spyware products lock your home page.

is it IE or Mozilla , that browser of yours or safari or opera ?

what os ?

Thanks for your quick response.

I have Nortons Internet Security and Microsoft Anti-Spyware installed!!!!

"os"?????? I'm not the brightest spark on the planet when it comes to techie problems *s*

ms anti spyware did this and so it should , anyway 1. download firefox and use instead of internet exploder let it transfer your settings, this leaves exploder installed as before so chill . 2. to change page in exploder launch ms anti spyware, tools menu , advanced tools, browser hijack settings restore , change restore settings to new page (enter url here) and press OK3. you see now it on a list of possible home page restore options, tick the new home page you want and press restore sin í

This may be related to the latest patches sent out by Microsoft.

There are reported issues with those people using Kerio Personal Firewall software and some HP devices, see [broken link removed]

C

Try to do a Windows upadte.
This should downlaod and install somekind of spyware removal tool.
which is released each month.

It might solved your problem

Back