Cannot bill pay Chorus ?

Merlin

Morning ! I am losing the plot with that Chorus/ntl = UPC company. For the past year I have been paying an extra 2 Euro every month because I don't want to go on DD with them. Now they have come up with new acc numbers etc and my bill pay via AIB 24 hours no longer works. AIB tell me this is due to UPC not having an agreement with them. UPC replied to my email (after 16 days I kid you not) saying that if I give the provided bank details (with AIB btw) to 24 hour banking @AIB it will be no problem to set up the bill pay.
Just rang them and it doesn't work.
Has anyone had a similar experience ?

Thanks
M.

I had that problem when trying to pay my Tesco visa via AIB online. You need to get the bank account details for Chorus (sounds like you have them) and then ring AIB 24 hour and get them to set it up, with your Chorus account number as the payee reference. This works for me.

Hi there Purpeller,
I did just that this morning (and the UPC account is with AIB !!!). The AIB representative tried to set it up and failed. She then said that UPC don't have an agreement with AIB and that's why it wouldn't work.

M>

I just might be wrong, but can't you set Chorus up a 3rd party transfer rather than billpay?

In PTSB for example I could not set up Chorus as Billpay but as 3rd Party transfer providing the account details Chorus gave me.

PTSB has different submenus for Billpay and 3rd Party transfer (and different Limits too), so maybe AIB has that too?

i paid my last ntl bill on AIB internet banking and the payment went through....never rang them or anything just added "ntl" as a bill payment.

Morning ! I am losing the plot with that Chorus/ntl = UPC company. For the past year I have been paying an extra 2 Euro every month because I don't want to go on DD with them. Now they have come up with new acc numbers etc and my bill pay via AIB 24 hours no longer works. AIB tell me this is due to UPC not having an agreement with them. UPC replied to my email (after 16 days I kid you not) saying that if I give the provided bank details (with AIB btw) to 24 hour banking @AIB it will be no problem to set up the bill pay.
Just rang them and it doesn't work.
Has anyone had a similar experience ?

Thanks
M.

I was with Chorus and paid by BOI 365 internet banking. I have just received my first Chorus-NTL bill. I set up a new money transfer beneficiary on my BOI 365 Online account for the new Chorus-NTL account details. BOI then sent me an activation code in the post and I then made my first payment.

NOTE: I deducted the €2 non-direct debit charge. I have no intention of ever paying it! Paying by online EFT is as cost effective, if not more cost effective, for all parties concerned according to friends who work in retail banking. However, the big bonus is that Chorus NTL cannot vary the amount paid as with direct debits! I have been overcharged by Chorus in the past and had serious difficulty obtaining a refund.

I trust other people will refuse to pay the DD charge too. Let's start a consumer activist campaign!

Hi Carpedeum,
That's interesting. I have never considered not paying the 2 Euro to be honest but might do now and see what happens.
Still waiting on UPC to come back and inform me that the issue has been resolved. Last correspondence incl. spelling mistakes is from 20/12 see below:
"I ahve talked with AIB about this issue. They advised me that they are having issues with their service for our customers and are working on a fix. I have also advised our finance department to work with them in getting a fix for this as soon as possible. When I have an update I will be sure to let you know. "

I have been overcharged in the past as well and will never give them DD access to my account again.

Regards
M.

Back