Cannes to St.Tropez in April without a car

phanteon

We are going to Cannes for a few days over the Easter weekend and want to go to St.Tropez for a day.
We will not be hiring a car and would like to know is there any way of getting there using public transport or maybe by boat.
Also are the pubs open on Good Friday in Cannes?

Have a look at the St.Tropez forum on There is a long thread on page one explaining how to get there from Nice. Tried to do this myself last November but ended up not going there because of the transport difficulties and based myself in the Antibes instead.

There is an excellent train network along the coast in the South of France, train timetables readily available. Saint Tropez is accessible but I cannot remember the journey time. Plenty of other places to head to via train along the coast - Eze, Villefranche, Monaco all within an hour.

When I was in Cannes last summer there was a day trip available by boat to Saint Tropez also, info was available in the tourist office in Cannes. Looked like a nice alternative way to get there, I didn't go due as it was too late in my holiday.

Thanks Isleofman. Good website.

Crazy Horse, The train only goes as far as St Raphael.
But there is a bus from St Raphael to St Tropez.

Ferry is mostly during the summer months.
Thanks again