Cannes during the Film Festival

manta356

I've booked a trip to Nice to coincide with the Cannes Film Festival.I intend to travel to Cannes by Train.
Has anyone any tips or Do's and Dont's.I've been to Nice before,but I've never been to Cannes.
Where in Cannes are the best places to go to maybe catch a glimpse of Celebrities etc.Where are good places to Eat on a Budget.?

Went to Nice a few years ago to go to Monaco Grand Prix. Cannes was on at the same time so headed down by train for the day. Its just a media frenzy. Saw some famous Italian movie star, dont ask me who? The Harbour is just chock a block with Yachts and good to walk along and see how the rich live. Few bodyguards around some. There are media everywhere and around the main cinema along the strand it was where most of the action and red carpet was. Did not hang around for night time to see the stars. Cant give you ideas of what to do except just order a glass of wine and watch the crazyiness of it all well thats what me and Miss Gunner did Enjoy

Take Plenty of Money with you.
We are just back from a holiday near St.Tropez and spent €270 on lunch for four people. Cannes at the period you mention will be even more expensive. (Mind, it was a bloody good lunch!)

Take Plenty of Money with you.
We are just back from a holiday near St.Tropez and spent €270 on lunch for four people. Cannes at the period you mention will be even more expensive. (Mind, it was a bloody good lunch!)

I usually find that Mc D's is the same price the World over.