Cancelling Mobile Phone Contract

newhousey

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on cancelling a mobile phone contract. I have had various problems with this provider and wish to terminate my contract early, is there any way to avoid paying an "Early Termination Fee"? I feel I haven't been provided with a proper service at all and should not be obliged to pay the remaining monies for the "service" I have recieved thus far. Is there any legal way around this?

I'm in the same position. I entered an eighteen months contract with a service provider to find the signal where I live very poor. It improved over time but in the past couple of months it has reverted to how it began. I rang them and they eventually sent an engineer to the area who couldn't find any problems and said the signal is perfect. My phone shows a signal of one to two bars max and on the rare occasion I can make a call, my calls regularly drop. Even ringing the customer service team takes about three attempts while I hang out the window in an effort to use the phone and they ring me back numerous times during the conversation. If it wasn't so frustrating it would be comical. When I pointed out that there is simply no signal, the customer service representative agreed with me and could apparently see it on her system? They have advised that there is a standard break out penalty of €75.00 and the alternative is to stay with the mobile provider until the end of the contract.On their terms and conditions they have a clause which advises that they cannot guarantee indoor coverage. I pointed out that if I was happy to always make calls outdoors I would also be happy using a payphone and it defeats the purpose of having a mobile phone.

After two months of waiting for the signal to improve and their 'investigation' I have had no luck. Unfortunately the only way out of the contract seems to pay their early exit penalty fee.