Cancelling Meteor contract

argentina

[FONT=&quot]My other half has had phone contracts with Meteor for some time now. Just before Christmas he got an upgrade and a new iPhone, he also signed a contract for 24 months costing €45 per month.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He has now been given a new work phone; his employer has provided him with a new handset and its hardened somehow but he did keep his old number. When he approached Meteor they said he cannot get out of their contract. So he will have to pay €45 per month for the next 20 months. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While its fair that they expect you to sign a contract so they can recoup the expense of the handset seems a bit unfair that he will be charged as though he is using the phone to make calls for the next 20 months. Anyone any experience of coming to an agreement with them on reaching a compromise. He doesn’t want to just stop paying the bill.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]thanks[/FONT]

I did a deal before with a different carrier, who charged me a flat fee of a couple of hundred euro for exiting the contract early. At the time I think I was on a 60euro plan.

[FONT=&quot]My other half has had phone contracts with Meteor for some time now. Just before Christmas he got an upgrade and a new iPhone, he also signed a contract for 24 months costing €45 per month.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He has now been given a new work phone; his employer has provided him with a new handset and its hardened somehow but he did keep his old number. When he approached Meteor they said he cannot get out of their contract. So he will have to pay €45 per month for the next 20 months. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While its fair that they expect you to sign a contract so they can recoup the expense of the handset seems a bit unfair that he will be charged as though he is using the phone to make calls for the next 20 months. Anyone any experience of coming to an agreement with them on reaching a compromise. He doesn’t want to just stop paying the bill.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]thanks[/FONT]

You signed a contract with Eircom/Meteor and you therefore need to honour that contract.

One option would be to sell the iPhone which will cover a lot of the remaining money that you owe Eircom.

Back