Cancelling a package holiday

whackin

I booked a package holiday some weeks ago and was due to departsunday week. However due to an illness in the family this is now unlikely.
I paid for my holiday on credit card and took out no travel insurance yet. My partner has travel insurance on his Bupa plan. Is there any way we can recoup some of the cost of the holiday through travel agent (which are saying no at the moment) or through credit card insurance or the like?

You need to check the terms & conditions of (a) the CC insurance policy (b) the BUPA policy and (c) the booking form to clarify what you might be entitled to.

To late to take out travel insurance now - your credit card might cover you but not all cc's cover cancellations - Check the terms and conditions of the cc type you have eg. platinum cards offer additional cover over gold cards etc.

First thing is to check the booking contract to see what, if anything, you can get back from the travel agent. Once you know that you can then decide whether or not you need to check the insurance policies.

Ok, it seems that acording to TA I've no rights. I'll have to check out my credit card insurance.

Back