cancellation of driving tests

Sammie

Hi, my company are giving me a letter to say i need my full driving licence for work and that a cancellation or a test asap would be great.
does anyone know the procedure with the cancellations?
do they ring you up on the day or do they give you a few days notice?
thanks

If you send the letter in with your application for the test you will get the normal notice (which I think is at least three weeks) but the test will come up much quicker. If you have already applied Im not sure what the story is.

When I got a cancellation I only got 5 days notice of the test, got the letter from Ballina on the Thursday, test was the following Tuesday.

When you don't apply for a cancellation then you get 3+ weeks notice.

Ring them and tell them you have just gotten a job that is dependant on having a full licence. I have had to do this twice and my gf has also done it.

You will be tested within 2 weeks. GUARANTEED.

All other advice on this issue is nonsense and take no notice of it and this thread should be closed now.

Ring them up.

thanks for that. what if i fail it...:-( how long is it then to get a re-test...??
thanks

Also, can I end up in any of the test centres where there's a cancellation or do I tell them where I want to do it?

I passed my driving test on monday having waited 40 weeks for it. I really think that people should not skip the queue because the "get a letter". If people are in job that needs a full driving licence , how are they getting said job without it? There needs to be a major over haul of the driving test system , so that the times are reduced etc.

thats just my two sense!

thanks for that. what if i fail it...:-( how long is it then to get a re-test...??
thanks

Afaik it's back to the end of the queue. But of course the queue is much shorter than the usual year if you have another letter.

thanks

Apply again and follow my advice above. You don't need letters or any other crap. Pick up the phone.

Also, can I end up in any of the test centres where there's a cancellation or do I tell them where I want to do it?

You'll be tested in the centre that you applied for originally.