Cancellation of 3G broadband contract

loll

hi,

wonder if anyone can help, really unhappy with the 3g broadband, i am currently 5 months into a 12 month contract with these guys and the service is just getting worse, i was wondering if anyone knows of a way of getting out of the contract without having to pay the €20 a month fee for the remaining 7 months?

Re: cancellation of 3gbroaband contract

Nope thats why its called a contract.Did you try talking to 3G about getting out?

Nope thats why its called a contract.Did you try talking to 3G about getting out?

Talking to 3 isn't exactly an experience worth taking on lightly.

Firstly, you'll be talking to somebody in inda with zero grasp on the Irish accent, or English for that matter, let alone understanding and empathy.

Secondly, India don't give a crap about your contract.

Thirday, three customer care ireland don't seem to either.

I have contacted them 3 times by phone, 3 times promised a callback I didn't receive.

I wrote to them, paying off my last bill and advising them to cancel the contract. They cashed the cheque, but they didn't reply.

They have recently sent me another bill, which will remain unpaid ( and the service unused ) until somebody from 3 contacts me directly.

I wouldn't worry about the contract, it's a bi-directional agreement. If the contracted service isn't up to the standard you're paying for, then don't pay for it.

Thanks for your reply, it is impossible to speak with them i completely agree they just do not understand english!!! im paying by direct debit so i think ill just cancel the mandate and will advise them when writing. it is so frustrating!!!!

Appreciate that you have to honour a contract if you sign it, but surely this is only applicable if they are providing a decent service?

If their service is rubbish, then surely you should have some comeback.

I'd advise that you read the small print in the contract in case they have some kind of get-out clause where they can exclude poor broadband service as a reason for the user to cancel the contract. These contracts always seem very one-sided (not the users side !)

I'd advise that you read the small print in the contract in case they have some kind of get-out clause where they can exclude poor broadband service as a reason for the user to cancel the contract. These contracts always seem very one-sided (not the users side !)
The fact that it is written in the contract does not make it legal.

Back