Cancellation / Last Minute Hols

wheeler

Does anyone have experience of getting cancellation holidays or last minutes deals?

Can this be done by going to the airport on the day to see what is there? Do the travel agents have desks there?

Most tour operators make their final reductions on Thursday mornings , so you could try ringing around at that stage.
Best value is to eliminate the travel agents altogether and book your own flights and accommodation seperately.

There are thousands of package holidays for under 300 euros for many sunshine destinations during the next couple of months -nearer to 200 euros for a week to some places in May. That's equivalent to ten times cheaper than when i first started selling holidays 30 years ago -average for a week in Spain 200 punt -a months salary.

Remember that package-holiday include not only flight and accommodation but also all taxes,fees, luggage, transfers between hotel and airport.

I book both tour operators deals as well as booking flights and accommodation seperately. At present, with the crazy low prices of desperate tour operators I just can't find better deals for my clients than those offered by the tour operators.

I'm talking about a week in the sun in April-June to the traditional resorts for a couple or small families.

P.S. there's no such things as a cancellation -it's a travel trade term for "damn- we just can't shift these holidays -let's knock them out half price but pretend that they are cancellations so we dont upset those who paid twice the amount"